Reference Data Center in Belgium
Your data and applications are crucial for the successful conduct of your activities. For this reason, the WDC has set itself the following objectives:
- Hosting your infrastructures in a highly secure environment at the heart of Wallonia, Belgium,
- Ensuring that your services are available 24/7,
- Enabling you to manage your IT power supply efficiently,
- Reducing your environmental footprint by means of a Green IT policy.
The WDC currently hosts a wide range of customers, most of whom are located in Europe. Small, medium-sized and large organisations from a variety of sectors (industry, telecommunications, health, games, etc.) have chosen WDC to support their technological development.
ISO 27001 & ISO 9001 Certification
In a context, in which data security represents a major challenge (as demonstrated, for example, by the adoption of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation), the WDC has been awarded ISO 27001 certification.
ISO 27001 is an international standard that defines requirements and good practices for the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
For several years, the WDC has also had ISO 9001 certification, which is proof of the special attention paid to quality at all levels of the company.
Green IT strategy
The WDC has an investment plan focused on energy efficiency and renewable energies. With this in mind, it has several goals, which have made the WDC a reference when it comes to Green IT policy:
- The Data Center is equipped with 1,880 photovoltaic panels
- Eco-grazing - a flock of sheep naturally maintain the green spaces
- the utility vehicle used by the Data Center is electrically powered and its charging stations can also be used by visitors
- Other projects aimed at developing alternative energy sources are also being considered at all times.
WDC IN SOME DATES
Cockerill Sambre set up a data center in order to host its sensitive IT data separately from its industrial activities
When it relocated its IT activities to France, Cockerill Sambre, now known as Arcelor, put a major investment plan into place, in order to upgrade and transform the Data Center into a real state-of-the-art data center in a highly secure location. This is how the WDC came into being.
The telecommunications and IT operator and integrator Win became the principal shareholder in WDC
Development and updating of infrastructures based on an ambitious investment plan focusing on 3 key areas: the infrastructure, service and ‘back office’. WDC positioned itself as a reference Data Center in Belgium.
Green investments: installation of solar panels (1st phase: 720 panels)
Reinforced physical building security (access procedures, video-surveillance cameras, etc.)
Awarded ISO 27001 certification
Completion of outdoor landscaping.